Media & Entertainment Sector
The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) industry is a sunrise sector for the economy and is making high growth strides. Proving its resilience to the world, the Indian M&E industry is on the cusp of a strong phase of growth, backed by rising consumer demand and improving advertising revenues. The industry has been largely driven by increasing digitization and higher internet usage over the last decade. Internet has almost become a mainstream media for entertainment for most of the people.
Skill & Education Mapping
The Indian M&E sector is growing by 15% per annum and expected to reach INR3.07 trillion in 2024 as per FICCI-E&Y report 2021. The Animation & Vfx segment within M&E Sector is growing with 15.5% and is expected to cross Rs 151.80 billion by FY 2023. M&E Industry currently has 35-40L jobs and is expected to required upto 65L people by 2022.
- Advertising budgets continued their inexorable shift towards digital media where, despite lockdown, the segment grew 34% to command 21% of total advertising spends
- The total Animation, VFX & Post-Production Industry grew by 20% to reach Rs 9400 crore. By 2022, the industry expected to reach Rs 15560 crore. 65% of revenues were from international clients. Animation for domestic broadcasting is growing at a healthy rate
- VFX grew 25% in 2020 to reach Rs 4950 crore. Bollywood and Regional Films witnessed increased demand for big-budget VFX productions. VFX, unlike the rest of the segment, had an equal domination between domestic and international work. Multiple International VFX studios are either entering the Indian market or investing in setting up infrastructure in India
- Growth drivers for digital media includes Digital Infrastructure, Growth in Mobile Devices (Smartphones), Popularity of Smart/Connected TV’s (1.5 crore +), Increase in media consumption (40% increase in Data Consumption) & Digital Subscription for OTT platform grew over 100%
- In 2020, Digital Media segment grew by 6.5% to reach INR 235 Billion
- Expected to Grow at 22% CAGR to reach INR 425 Billion in 2023
- India is No. 1 in YouTube Video consumption globally
- India is one of the fastest growing countries in terms of Digital Media
- Online Gamers in India grew 52% to over 300 Million in 2019. 5 Billion Game Apps were downloaded in 2020. India is now in Top 5 Markets for Mobile Gaming globally
- Digital subscription grew by over 250% with Indians opening their purse strings to pay for online content .
- Animation and VFX continued to grow on the back of India’s cost-effective talent pool and growing participation in an international film and digital content market that is producing more content than ever before .
- The film segment crossed INR100 billion in domestic theatrical revenues, and was further supported by the growth in Indian film exports, particularly to China, and increasing values for digital rights.
The Snapshot of 2020 growth trends in M & E Segments released by FICCI in Mar’21
Growth led by Online Gaming, Digital Media & Animation/VFX
About Us : –
Name of Organization : Arena Geeta bhawan (Horizon Institute of Design), Indore
Experience : 24 Years of consistent track record in Design, Media & Entertainment
We have over two decades of expertise and are termed as pioneer in the Design/ Media and entertainment training. We not only train creative aspirants on industry-relevant employment-oriented skills through the most advanced tools and technologies, but provide the Mentor-ship via Expert faculty members having 12-21 years’ experience.
We have trained & placed thousands of students, who regularly trust us from Central India. Nearly 100% of our pass out and skilled students are successfully placed in leading Animation Studios, Production Houses, Gaming Companies, Ad Agencies, Web & Digital Companies, Design Companies, Educational Content developers of India & abroad, as per their interests. Due to a huge demand, we are able to provide at least 3 job opportunity to each and every student based on his skills and interest in Indore through our Placement Cell & across India through our National Placement & Industry Connect division ICAP.
Current Association in Media & Entertainment Vertical :
- Business Partner – Arena Animation, offering Skill based Programs in AVGC
- Authorized Training Partner – Media & Entertainment Sector Council(MESC) & AWSITC(World Skills India)
- Authorized Training Partner – Autodesk, Wacom
- Core Committee Member- Unesco Supported global NGO- Asifa India (www.asifaindia.com – www.asifa.net )
- Trained & placed thousands of Students in Media & Entertainment Sector with 90%+ Placement track Record.
- Over 18 Alumni got Six Credits in Oscar Awarded Films & four Credits in National Film Awards for Animation / Vfx.
Link to few public communication- https://photos.app.goo.gl/ycYyfJU8LM7b5YvX9
- Facility- Campus at Heart of Indore located at Geeta Bhawan Square in Apollo Trade Centre
Awards received by Centre/Students/Alumni: 200+ Recognitions including:-
National level Appreciation to Centre :
Global Educational Influencers, 2020″by Knowledge Review,
Achiever of the Year-2019 by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, SVE (M & E Vertical), Golden Pixel Award-2019 as Backbone of Indian AVGC Industry, Animation Mentor by Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society, Pune in Jan’2019,
Gurukul Jyoti Certificate of Honor
National level Awards to Students-
Orbit Live, Star Talent Award to , 7 Award to Student Animation Film Rules on the Road by Indore Traffic Police(created by 26 students), Gujarat One Minute Film Festival, Chandigarh International Film Festival, Chitrabharti Film Festival, Do Good Karma Fest, Hyderabad, U Special International Film Festival, First Cut Film Festival (FAME, Pune). Total Rs.50000 as cash prizes, Stop Motion Animation Film Adventure of Kevin got Nominations at Kinephone Film Fest, Tiff Video Challenge, OakVille Festival of Film & Art, I-phone Film Fest, Indevise Free Virtual Fest, Premio Cenemetographiko Pelena, Film Helmet & Masoom got Award by Safe India Foundation, Toilet-Ek Soch Sureksha ke liye & Soilgot Award at Chambal Film Festival, Kota & Chandigarh University Film Fest in 2019 with Rs.3100 Cash Award.
National/International Credits to Alumni–
Fourteen Alumni got Six Oscar Credits in Academy awared films including Best Vfx to Film 1917 during 2020, Best Vfx to First Man during 2019, Best Vfx to Blade Runner 2049 during 2018, Best Editing Award to Dunkirk during 2018, Best Vfx to Life of Pi during 2013 & Best Vfx to Golden Compass during 2009.
Apart from that, Six Alumni have National Film Awards Credit in Four Bollywood films including Bahubali-The Beginning, Bahubali-The Conclusion for Vfx, Delhi Safari(2013) for Animation, RaOne for Vfx. 48hours film project gave Best Cinematography Award at Paris for alumni Short film D4Dance, Window Short Film got Awards at Spain, France Germany, Asifa India Award for Excellence (Nomination), 6 VES, 7 BATFTA Awards, 24FPS Award, Frameflix award, Role Model at Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment to dumb & deaf alumni, Golden Cursor Award- Best & Brightest Category, Big Ganesha Award by Reliance Pune etc
Film Credits : HID Students have earned 1000+ credits on Hollywood & Bollywood projects of films including 1917,First Man, Blade Runner 2049, Life of Pi, Prometheus, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Golden Compass, Bahubali, 2.0, The Mummy, The Incredible Hulk, Star Trek, Iron Man 3, Transformer, Inception, Green Lantern, Seventh Son, Into the Storm, Winter’s Tale, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, R.I.P.D., Big Miracle, Moneyball, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, X-Men: First Class, Hop, Yogi Bear, Knight and Day, Marmaduke, Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Cabin in the Woods, The A-Team, Aliens in the Attic, Land of the Lost, The Kingdom, Evan Almighty, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Phantom, Dishkiyaoon, Mausam, Happi, Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, 47 Ronin, Thor: The Dark World, The Wolverine, Pacific Rim, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Jurassic Park, Thor: The Dark World, Holiday, Youngistaan, Ragini MMS 2, World War Z, Paa, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Blue, Love Aaj Kal, Raaz: The Mystery Continues, Ghajini, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Tees Maar Khan, PK, Broken Horse, 3 idiots, Gravity, Frankenweenie, Men in Black-3, Star Wars, Shrek-2, Avatar etc. Credits in top notch Mobile & Console Games.
More State level Recognition to HID :
Trailblazers of Education in MP , Icons of Industry, M.P. Entrepreneur & Excellence Award, National Excellence Award for Outstanding Contribution to Socio-Economic Development, India Education Excellence Award as “Best Digital Media & Animation Academy of Central India”, Arena Excellence Award for being amongst Top 10 in National Placement & Star Performer LMS during Session: 2013-14 & 2014-15 , Appreciation & Award by M.P.Police for PRTS during 2012-13 & 2013-14, 19, Captains of the Industry in M.P. by CM, MP State, Icons of the Industry, Consecutive Excellence Award for Best performance in Training, Placements & Quality Audits within Arena brand for Pune Region(Central Province) during 1997-2017 & Quality Audit Certificate, Best Placement Award
State Level Awards to Student – Awards & Contracts, Creative Minds -60 Awards, Alumni Credits- MP Police Medical Health Security AV Film got Certificate of Honor by State Police Department & Scheme got Sanctioned impacted 1L policemen families of state, Student became Winner & Runner up in Regional Round for Graphic Design of India Skills & Qualified for various levels during national level Skill Championship organized by Ministry of Skills & NSDC during 2018-19 and 2021
District Level Recognitions: Commendation Certificate from PRTS three times for AV film to 17 student members, IMA Animation Maestro-Total 55 Awards in Animation, Vfx & Script Writing & Contracts by Indore Management Association(2011-2019), Commendation Certificate from RRCAT for AV Film on Laser Additive Manufacturing, Short film Smiley got recognition by MY Blood Bank, Best Film Award at 48 hours Film Project, Indore for Short film D4Dance, Student Alumni got Award at Fluidian Contest, Save a Life Contest Award by Traffic Police, India Social Responsibility Film Festival organized by SIRF & Rotary Club , Several Recognition to Students on Painting, Graphic Collaterals for Traffic Police & Citizen Cop Mobile App, Jain Grantha like Satya Muskura Raha Hein, Satya ki Khoj, Cover Pages
Over 250 Experts visited in 24 years including Dhimant Vyas, E.Suresh, Vaibhav Kumaresh, Prosenjit Ganguly, Dr.R.L.Mistry, Geetanjali Rao, Ashish Kulkarni, Shibu Menon, Anand Bhanushali,Achyut Palav,Yunus Bukhari, Subhajit Sarkar, Dr.Mukul Rawat, Yashraj Vakil, Indraneel Malik, Shashank Rayadu, Shrevan Cheriyala, Jatin Thakkar, Snehganshu Benarjee, Ashish Thapar, Stephan M, Vaibhav More, Puneet Sharma, Somnath Sen, Mustafa Buxerwala, Atul Bhatkar, Prashant Shahane, Dr.Neel Dabir, Anindya Mitra, Soniya Pinto, Dr.Satyanshu, Yogi Chopra etc.
International Experts Visit during Community activities : Ed Hooks(UK), Bill Dennis(US), Doerthe Eickelberg(Germany),Vani Saraswathi (Dreamworks,China), Arnauld Bullard(France), Rajesh Sharma (Disney,US), Pete Draper(Makuta Studio), Ron Diamond(US).
Experts during 2021-22 Recent Asifa India’s e-CG meetup : Walt Jones, Ed Hooks, Pilar Alessendra, Dr.Stuart Sumedha, Joseph Kslender, Vaibhav Kumaresh, E.Suresh, Chetan Sharma, Upmanyu Bhattacharya, Kalp Sanghvi, Ravichandran etc to under its eCG Meet up’s. Women Creators Program 2021 with Unreal Games: Saraswathi Vani Balgam, Charuvi Agarwal, Marta Ampudia Dalmau; Arvind Neelakantan, Dean Reinhard, Jack Condon, Karan Parikh, Za
National level Expert Session during Community building activities- Sesha Prasad, Mehul Hirani, Vijay Arumgam, Amit Aidasani, Mahesh Baria, Abhishek Chandra, Chetan Sharma, Kushal Kshirsagar, Chetan Deshmukh, Ramendra Vashishtha, Tony Singh, Ishtiyaq Quadri, Dileep Verma, Rishikesh Nandlaskar, Prince, Venkat Raman, Mahee Pal, Ratnesh, Vimal, Aniruddh, Abhishek Singh etc.
Social Impact– 5Lakh+ People,
- Few Awards- https://photos.app.goo.gl/xBt6HCfwc2zbQxeu9
- Social Initiatives- https://photos.app.goo.gl/3vLrowsACQgpAPDA6
- Certificates – https://photos.app.goo.gl/ByWSJHWxfGiEuzTDA
- Student Activities & other snaps- https://photos.app.goo.gl/zRbWUgpFQSJvKJsq7
- HID in News – https://photos.app.goo.gl/VjHaX5hfBhXruTSs8
- General Link to few Snaps, Certificates, Recognition, Media Coverage etc – https://goo.gl/photos/1R1MwnVpNFx2SzN86